Sunday, December 11, 2011

Getting around

Hi,

Last weekend I took advantage of the great, sunny weather and took my new car for a ride around, with couple of goals to achieve:

1. Find the local canoe club and figure out if it'll be a good place for Adi (my beloved, K1 sprinter) to practice.

Well, it wasn't easy to find, as I'm new to the area, without a GPS, so I just cruised around in my car, till I saw a pickup with a couple of Hayden Lifesaving skis on top:

I did what every reasonable man would - I followd them to their 'secret' gathering place and found not exactly the club, but a local surfski and sprint boats shop, who's owner and employee paddle at the canoe club. The guys were really helpful and invited me to join a practice and to open their eyes for used, cheap, good conditioned surf skis and K1 boats for me and Adi!

2. Find some local fishing and diving shops - that was so easy, as there are quite a few and the only problem is not to tempt and buy everything I want...

3. Get something to eat - it was getting late afternoon without a bite, so I went over to the wharf, to taste and meet some of the local sea food. I've found a fish and chips restaurant, which acts as a fish market as well, selling the fish straight from the nearby fishing boats:

From the boats to the shelf:

And from there, the way is short to my plate:

4. Get to know the local beach at Mooloolaba:

After that, all that was left to do is to head home and rest a little, after all, it's been a hard day...

No comments: