Thursday, August 21, 2008

My new speargun's first test

Yesterday I managed to spare a few hours to test my new wooden speargun in the water.
The sea was calm, but visibility was quite poor. I dove to a reef 8m deep, and ambushed visiting predators.
The first nice fish to come was a Yellowmouth Barracuda, around 80cm long. it was swimming towards me, and I noticed it had a crank bait on its lip. I shot it from below, hitting right in the middle, and got 2 for 1 shot (the fish and a new crankbait)...
Later I missed one small Trevally that tore itself off the line. Just before I climbed back to the kayak, a nice Shi Drum arrived, and I shot it straight in its profile.
I gutted the fish on the kayak, and put them in ice.
It was a great lunch before the evening trip ;-)

Photobucket

No comments: