Monday, September 7, 2009

Kayak sail

Last week I went south to the Red sea, and I got an invitation from Eli and his team to paddle with them.
I arrived early morning, and got a bit nervous when I saw them wearing the pulse meters...
As I feared, they paddled in a murderous pace against the northern wind and I found myself way behind them, grasping for air. What they didn't know, was that I had a surprise up my sleeve - I brought with me my hand sewn sail, V shaped, with two 8mm fiber masts, connected at the bow so it doesn't interfere while paddling as usual.
When we turned back south, I deployed the sail and it worked like a charm... I was going 7-8 kmh, without even sweating, while telling jokes all the way.
It looks like it's working just fine, and I can make a few more for my friends.






No comments: