Monday, December 21, 2009

Kayak fishing trip in Israel

Last month, I was introduced as Kayak Angler of the month by Kayak Fishing Magazine. Besides flattering me, it also introduced me to the enormous community of kayak fishermen from the USA.
One of them is Kevin, from Albuquerque, New Mexico. Kevin came to Israel for a few weeks and asked me to arrange a fishing trip for him. I arranged a kayak and full paddling and fishing gear for him and picked him up early morning, after a long and exhausting flight (as he said: "A day at sea is the best cure for Jetlag" ;-)
We spent half a day at sea, trolling and jigging, without any success, but with beautiful weather, calm sea and pleasant company. We concluded the day at one of Tel Aviv's best fishing restaurants, so if not catching any fish, at least enjoy them for lunch.
Kevin brought his camera and sent me some photos:


To sum it up, I'd like to quote an email Kevin sent me after a couple of days:
"Hi Ido,
I just want to say thank you again for sharing a great kayak adventure day with me. It will certainly be a highlight of my stay in Israel.
Best Regards,
Kevin
"

1 comment:

avital said...

Ido- sherring things you love is the best way to make good friends!!!!